Abbott Recall and Out-of-Stock Support for Other Manufacturers
We’re here to help.
Kate Farms formulas are safe and available.
Many healthcare providers and people who have been affected by voluntary recalls and out-of-stock situations from various formula manufacturers have contacted us regarding the usage of Kate Farms as an alternative. Kate Farms may be able to help with products to nourish your loved one. Kate Farms is filling 100% of product orders to all customer and we have proactively held inventory to fulfill increased demand and avoid out-of-stocks.
Kate Farms formulas:
- Are indicated for ages one year and older.
- Our formulas do not contain common allergens. Do not contain milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, or soybeans —but are not tested to be hypoallergenic.
- Our pediatric peptide formulas are made with organic hydrolyzed pea protein, and pediatric standard formulas are made with organic intact pea protein, not amino acid or elemental.
- Unlike powdered formulas, Kate Farms formulas use aseptic processing and are commercially sterile.
- Nutritionally complete, taste great, and designed for oral or tube feeding (flow smoothly through tubes down to 6.5 Fr).
- Eligible for insurance coverage: Medicare, Medicaid, private plans, and select WIC programs.
What can I do next?
1. Ask your child’s doctor or dietitian if there is a Kate Farms formula that may be an appropriate alternative for them. Let them know that Kate Farms is filling 100% of product orders to all customers, and we have proactively held inventory to fulfill increased demand and avoid out-of-stocks. We have developed resources to help support them in making this determination. You can email them this informational page or download and print this letter for healthcare providers to help start the conversation.
If your formula is covered by insurance and supplied to you by a medical supply company, have your doctor’s office send them a new formula prescription for Kate Farms. You can send them this prescription form to speed things up.
2. Ask your child’s healthcare provider to order you free samples, or purchase some yourself to try. We have a sample program and can deliver formula samples right to your doorstep at your healthcare team’s request. Send the link katefarms.com/samples to your healthcare provider to request samples.
If you’d prefer to purchase samples for yourself, you can buy any products here. We offer free 2-day shipping and an 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for all products.
3. Spread the word. We know many caregivers are part of support networks and frequently hear of patients who are coming to the end of their formula supply without another shipment on the way. We may be able to help.
Our team is available to answer questions and support patients who need an alternative to Abbott formulas. Contact our Customer Care team here or call us at 805-845-2446. No one should be without the nutrition they need, and we are here for you and your loved ones.
You can read more about the recall of Abbott products here.