EFFECTIVE DATE: APRIL 28, 2020
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
- ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- DATA SECURITY
- INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to: information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Site and Apps, information from third parties, and information received from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our Services to you, and to detect fraud.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us: The personal information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Account Registration: information relating to the creation of an account on one of our websites or mobile applications, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and/or a unique individual password;
- Form Submissions: information that you provide by filling in forms that we make available. This includes when making purchases from our Site, requesting formula samples as a clinician (including institution name and address, area of specialty, and credentials), or requesting information or assistance;
- Newsletter Sign-ups: information relating to our newsletter sign-up page, including name and email address;
- Technical Support: information you provide when you report a problem with our Services or otherwise communicate with us by email, our Site, by telephone, in writing or through other means;
- Customer Service: records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us by telephone or in writing, including for customer support;
- Program Participation: information related to your participation in our programs;
- Promotions and Feedback: information relating to your participation in a promotion, or survey that we may ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Refer-a-Friend: the name and email address of individuals to whom you send information via our Services;
- Payment Information: payment card, transaction or financial account information, if you make a purchase online or sign up via our order forms;
- Job Applications: employment-, education- and background-related information provided to us as a part of the job application process; or
- Device Permissions: information relating to your use of features of our Services that may ask you to grant us access to location information, photos, or media on your computer or mobile device.
- Information Collected Automatically: As you navigate through and interact with our Site or Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Information About Your Use of the Services: when you browse our Site, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
- Device Information: if you access the Services through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
- Information Collected from Other Sources: We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, to improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and to prevent or detect fraud.
- Some information we collect is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions, and give you product or customer recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes:
- to make our Services function properly;
- to improve our Services;
- to make login to our Services easier (such as by remembering your user ID);
- to recognize you when you return to our Services and to remember information you have already provided;
- to track your interaction with the Services;
- to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests;
- and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Site as you reasonable expect. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Site. Without these cookies, some Site features cannot be provided. This category of cookies is essential for our Site to work and so they cannot be disabled.
- Functional or Preference Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Site to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Site. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Site.
- Performance or Analytic Cookies. These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Site, including webpages you visit and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Site. You can disable these cookies.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They may perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting ads that are based on your inferred interests. Our third-party advertising partners may use these cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant ads on other sites. You may disable the use of these cookies as noted below.
- Analytics We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site. Presently, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports Site traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Other Tracking Technologies To see how our Site is performing we sometimes use conversion beacons, tags, scripts and pixels, which fire a short line of code to tell us when you have clicked on a particular button or reached a particular page. We also use these tracking technologies to analyze usage patterns of our Services. The use of these technologies allows us to record that a particular device, browser, or application has visited a particular webpage.
- Your Choices Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below.
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Site may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. Once you click the links for these industry-initiated consumer choice platforms you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers.
- Do Not Track Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To Provide You Our Services: providing any services or products that you request or purchase in connection with the Services, such as purchasing formulas, providing clinicians requested samples, and carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To Provide You with Service-Related Communications: contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Site or Apps you have registered to use, and notifying you about changes to our Services, our policies, terms, or any products or services we offer or provide though our Services;
- To Provide Customer Support or to Respond to You: providing you with notices about your account and responding to your questions or other requests;
- To Send You Marketing and Promotional Emails: contacting you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based on the Services that you already use or the offerings that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- For Internal Use and Services Improvement: accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site, Apps, and user activity, including determining which features and services users like best to help us operate, enhance, and improve our Services;
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance: processing personal information to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, for compliance with employment and recruitment laws, or as necessary to manage risk under applicable law.
- For Customization: saving your user account, registration and profile data or other personal information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services); tracking your return visits to and use of the services; tailoring your experience on the Services; and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Services;
- For Research Purposes: for research purposes and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and business partners;
- With Your Consent: for any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related products and/or services requested, with your permission or upon your direction;
- For Employment Purposes: processing job applications, including to communicate with you and to conduct applicant and employment-related statistical evaluation and record-keeping.
4. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Within Our Corporate Organization. We may share your personal information with any subsidiaries and affiliates in order to provide you with the Services and take actions based on your request, as well as for the purpose of management and analysis.
- Service Providers. We may employ other companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide services on our behalf, perform service-related business activities, or assist us in analyzing how our Site or Apps are used. These service providers provide us support services such as credit card processing, website hosting, online store platforms, customer relationship management, email and postal delivery, analytics, surveys, digital rewards, and marketing services, or conducting academic or medical research. The service providers have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. The service providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Corporate Transactions. We may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred. You agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
- As Required by Law. We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency), or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Kate Farms or our customers.
- Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent.
Please note that we may disclose, without restriction, aggregated, or anonymized information about the users of our Services, which is information that does not identify any specific individual.
6. COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of this website. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about Kate Farms, our website, and our accreditation offerings or other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction or security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section, below.
You may also update information about your account with us. We will update and correct your profile if you wish to make changes. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you service communications such as emails about your account.
Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
By downloading and using our mobile applications, you may receive messages, reminders, offers, news, and information from Kate Farms within the mobile application itself. These “in app” messages are part of our mobile application’s functionality and cannot be turned off. If you do not want to receive “in app” messages, offers, news, and information, do not download or use our mobile application.
7. ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information that you shared with us on our Site or App or through other written or oral means. We are committed so that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. However, it is up to you to update it with any changes. In most cases, you can review and submit changes to your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also notify us via the information in the “Contact Us” section below to request access to, or to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you no longer wish to have your personal information processed, you may request to delete your account (username and password), subject to certain limitations, by contacting us as described below.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), below is a summary of the “Personal Information” categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (o)), that Kate Farms collects, the reason we collect your Personal Information, where we obtain the Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information.
We generally collect the following categories of Personal Information about you when you use the Services:
- identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
- protected classifications, such as gender;
- commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- Internet or other electronic information regarding you browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to the website, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date, and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
- your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information;
- education-related information
- audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law;
- professional or employment-related information; and
- inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We generally do not collect biometric information. For more information about the Personal Information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to sections 1 and 2 above.
We collect your Personal Information for the business purposes described in sections 3 and 4 above, including for analytics, to fulfill your orders or put you in contact with distributors, to provide you requested marketing materials or customer support, to store cookies, and for the integrity of the website and related services. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of Personal Information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information are listed in sections 2 and 4 above, and include our website, marketing, order fulfillment, analytics, and security service providers, and law enforcement authorities when required to do so.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your Personal Information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our network systems.
- Right Against Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know – You have the right to request in writing: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, you have the right to request: (i) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information, and (v) the specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about an individual. You have the right to request a copy of the specific Personal Information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
- Right to Delete – You have the right to request us to delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.To assert your right to know or your right to delete your Personal Information, please contact us according to the “Contact Us” section below. To verify your identity, we may ask you to verify Personal Information we already have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity from the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out of Selling – In certain situations we may share your Personal Information with our partners or third parties, such as when we collect information that you voluntarily provide us and share it with a distributor to facilitate your purchasing of Kate Farms products. To the extent such sharing is considered a “sale” under the CCPA, as a California resident you have the right to opt-out of such sharing. If you would like us to no longer share your Personal Information in this way, please contact us as described below. If you opt-out, we may be unable to offer you some of our services which require sharing of Personal Information.In addition, the CCPA broadly defines “personal information” and “selling” such that sharing identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a sale. We do not sell this Personal Information for monetary value. However, in 2019, we were sharing identifiers and inferences about you with our business partners in such a way that, under the CCPA, may be defined as selling.California consumers may use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s tool to send requests under the CCPA for a web browser to opt out of the sale of personal information by some or all of that framework’s participating companies by accessing the DAA’s tool here: https://www.privacyrights.info/, or by downloading the DAA’s AppChoices mobile application opt-out here: https://www.privacyrights.info/appchoices. The AppChoices app is not limited to opt-outs for CCPA purposes and may be used by anyone to limit the collection of cross-app data for interest-based advertising purposes by participating DAA member companies.
Additional California Rights. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine the Light” law), Kate Farms customers who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal data during the prior calendar year to third parties. If you are a California resident and wish to make this request, please send an email as described in the “Contact Us” section below with “California Shine the Light” in the subject line.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or other encryption technology, or will use our third party payment processors, who will use appropriate security procedures.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. If you believe that any of your personal information held by Kate Farms has possibly been compromised, please contact us immediately as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
10. INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Kate Farms websites, online services, and mobile applications are not directed toward children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If a child under 16 provided our website, online service, or mobile application with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us as described below so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our record.
12. CONTACT US
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You can contact us anytime via our website located at https://www.katefarms.com/contact-us/, or as follows:
Kate Farms, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Team
101 Innovation Place
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Toll Free Number: 800-645-6095